Sunday 21 March 2010

A BRITTLE ERUPTION AND A HINT OF YELLOW






Hello dear Sunday,

There are letters to be sent and letters received. Smiles are formed with every envelope dropping from the mailbox and every email and every comment of yours, thank you! A proof of spring, yesterday was the day to use the spring jacket first time on a very delighting long rainy walk. Drip drop, said the rain.

There is a volcano erupting in Iceland. Heart beats fast for it. Sometimes the nature is slow, like the winter ending and the spring beginning here. Sometimes the nature is surprising and quick, after making up new plans serenely, almost being forgotten. Where the orange and yellow lava now flows (1 & 2) I was hiking back in 2005 and met a very dear friend the very first time. He sat on his knees in the grass and glaciers surrounded us. Hopefully it stays as a very brittle eruption.

There is a hint of yellow in the horizon behind the grey clouds. Cloudberry jam is very bright yellow on my pancakes for a late coffee break (but that is what Sundays are for, aren´t them?). Have you seen something yellow lately?

I am so happy to have you here visiting.
Have a comfortable beginning for the new week!

12 comments:

  1. lovely post!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I have just changed my blog outfit to add some yellow :) Did that yesterday.
    I hope your Sunday was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been cutting little paper raindrops from my scraps of paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful, beautiful post. i LOVE the first little bundle of mail, so precious. i also really enjoy the stark photographs of the mail you've received. i absolutely adore snail mail, i think it's the best. i just ate a fried egg over medium, and enjoyed the oozing yellow there. have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous post! but I may be biased, I am a HUGE lover of snail mail!! the mail arriving makes me smile :) actually i did have some yellow to my sunday, on the table at Porgie and Mr Jones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love snail mail too although i mostly just get bills!! i love yellow, i am making a birthday card right now, cutting paper shapes with yellow scissors.
    visiting your blog is a real joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful parcels ... makes me want to rip them open, delicately to see what's inside. Im now inspired to send a friend a letter in the mail. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is so nice! I was in Iceland last week while they were already predicting the eruption. My boyfriend and I were hoping that we could see it. But we went back home too early.
    I'm looking forward to see the new drawings you will make. Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snail mail to send or snail mail received draws the nicest smile on the face, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely post. also photograph letters so often. yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. <3 Alison

    ...

    Hurrah for yellow dear Flora :)

    ...

    Enjoy that small rain of yours dear Amy!

    ...

    Dear Tumbleweed Woman,

    Let´s hope for more snail mail! But to do so, let´s also send some more ourselves (: Thank you for writing, and telling that there was a little bit of yellow in your day too. Many greetings from a yellow sofa!

    ...

    That is great to hear dear Melski! It looks very delicious what you had in Porgie & Mr Jones.

    ...

    Thank you dear Kim!

    I wish that snail mail amount of yours can be changed the other way around! (:

    I am very happy to have you here!

    ...

    Hello I Love Saturdays!

    I love Saturdays too! I am sure that your friend will be very very happy now. And I am happy that you did it!

    ...

    Hello dear Ananda,

    Nice to hear from you and find your two places too!

    Such a pity! There are so amazing photos and videos of that eruption and today they have decided it is "safe" to go to see it from a few places. I still don´t understand the whole picture of us living on a ball of fire, but surely it feels magical!

    Happy day sweet Ananda!

    ...

    Dear Louise,

    I think we got it right, you and me (:

    ...

    Dear Mieke & Veronik,

    Thank you! Many greetings from very sunny and very icy streets of Finland!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello
    could you recommend some nice finnish novels? :)

    ReplyDelete